15 Weeks Pregnant and Have Daily Headaches

I am 15 weeks pregnant and for the past 2 weeks I have had a headache daily. I take Tylenol and that seems to work, however I don't feel comfortable taking it everyday. I've tried other remedies such as a cold pack, resting, acupressure, but those just don't work. Anybody have experience with these pregnancy headaches? Any suggestions? Is Tylenol really safe when used correctly?

I had the same thing happen around the same time. I took tylenol, and everything is fine. The headaches should go away soon, I think its just a phase.

When I was pregnant with my twins and my little man I had headaches and terrible sciatic pain. I took Tylenol arthritis and had wonderful results. My doctor said it was fine (just time realease Tylenol). I only had to take one dose in the morning and felt great all day.

My prenatal vitamins gave me bad headaches. I switched to using flinstone vitamins every other day and my heachaches were gone.

My daughter is at almost the same point in her pregnancy and she had also been having the same issue on a daily basis. I suggested to her that it could be the fact that she had suddenly cut out ALL caffeine. She now has one cup of coffee in the morning when she gets up and it seems to have lessened the headaches to a great degree. I don't know if this is something that might help you or not.
Congratulations on your new baby and I hope that you are able to get a handle on the headaches.
R. Ann

Have you been to a chiropractor?

Hello!
I also have a two year old and number two is coming in a few weeks.
I also had headaches during both of my pregnancies. I was worried about taking tylenol all the time too. I tried not to take it every day, although my doctor assured me that it was totally safe. I usually just took one at a time, but never really more than two in a day. It did seem to help. Nothing else really did, just waiting it out.

So I think you are probably fine. When I felt them coming on, I would try to close my eyes for a few minutes (not easy with a toddler, i know!) and drink a big glass of water before I went for the tylenol.

E.

My first thought is your blood pressure. How is it? Is it high? When did you last have a DR appointment? If the headaches started since then I would call immediately. My dil has migraines before and after pregnancy but NOT thrugh them. Call the DR and see what he/she says first. Except for my first pregnancy 40 years ago, where I was ill for nine months with morning sickness I was healthy and felt the best of my life while I waqs pregnant.

tylenol is safe when used correctly however you may get better relief from another med... i forgot the name of what they gave me but my doctor gave me a med that was for severe headaches/migraines in preggos. never had a migraine before or since but during pregnancy i had severe headaches daily and i was hyperemetic... throwing up with a migraine is intolerable good luck! :)

I did not have problems when I was pregnant but I used to get severe headaches and blurred vision - after many doctor visits and an MRI, the neurologist told me to get off of birth control - he said that birth control for the most part, makes you body think it is pregnant and some people have those headaches and such while they are pregnant. My sister has 3 children, and one of her pregnancies she experienced the same thing, headaches and tunnel vision. So I dont have an answer for you...but you are not alone.

1 / 3