15 Month Check-up?

I have a question. I just had my son's 1 year check-up and the nurse had me make a 15 month check-up. Is that usual. I thought that it was an 18 month check-up. Thanks for the info.

I know you've already heard that it's normal to go every three months but thought I'd add that after 2 yrs. they go yearly (or as often as you need them there if they're sick). ;o)

Congratulations and good luck on the sahm idea... I think it's a great dream (and goal)!! I work full time, too and completely understand that comment! ;o)

The 15 month check up is totally normal. Listen to your doc as they do know this stuff. Yes, you will also go in for an 18 month check up.

yes 15 month check ups are normal. they are called well baby checks. no shots or anything, just checking that everything is ok.

Yes, this is part of the normal well-baby checkup schedule. I've had two kids and worked with lots of doctors/clinics for my job, and am pretty confident that most health plans/clinics follow this schedule.

Yes, it's every three months for the first two years and then every year after that. We just had my son's 18 month check up and before that his 15 month check up. It's normal.

Hi N.,

Yes this is normal. I have a 19 month old and it's standard practice to do a 12 month, 15 month and then an 18 month and then it goes to 2years. Hope this helps.

Our clinic said the suggested appointment schedule was changed last year. I called to make an 18-month appointment and they told me since our daughter had one at 15 months & is up to date with all her shots that she should just come back at 22 months.

Yep - 15 month is normal. My daughter got her MMR shot at 15 months. Then she went again at 18 months. Now she won't go again until she is 2.

1 / 3