14 Week Sonogram: Boy or Girl?

My husband and I recently found out we were pregnant with number 4! We of course are happy and also hoping that maybe this baby will be a boy (we have 3 beautiful girls).

I was wondering if any of you had a sonogram at 14 weeks when they can tell the sex of the baby. I had the nucal sono done Tuesday and even though the baby was already too big he went ahead and did the gender check. At first he thought it was a girl but after he was able to get the baby to move it's feet he said it was a boy!

You can visable see what looks like a "boy part" and he even did an outline of it. He did warn me thought that it was only 90% accurate. I have heard that at this stage all fetus have what looks like a "boy part" so I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

We of course just want a heathly baby but I am hoping for a boy. :) What do you guys think? Thanks!

I had alot of sono's done after dealing with infertility and cysts. They told me the same thing as you (that it was a boy and not 100%). BUT mine was even earlier at 12 weeks and he was a boy! He actually just turned 1!

I wouldn't paint the room yet, but looks good! Good luck wiht your pregnancy!

K.,

I have 4 beautiful, wonderful boys!!! I had a sonogram with my 4th and when the doctor told me 'another boy'...I started to cry because I really wanted a girl...My mom set me straight telling me that it doesn't matter...YOU WANT HEALTHY!! I wouldn't trade my #4 boy for anything...Don't worry about it or think about what sex it will be....Just pray for HEALTHY!!! If it's a girl, you will love her just like your other 3 girls! And they will share the same toys and clothes...God knows what he's doing...Just relax and enjoy the ride he has planned for you!!!!

Enjoy your little angels...They grow SO fast!

My husband swears he saw "boy" parts at about 12 weeks with our first. It was definitely confirmed at 14 weeks (I had lots of sonos due to bleeding). With both my boys it was very obvious. CONGRATS!!

1 / 3