14 Month Old Needs New Activities

I'm looking for some websites that might offer ideas on activities to do with my 14 month old. Anyone have any they use for references?? I'd appreciate them. The few I have looked at thus far, don't really have much indoor stuff listed.
My son seems to be pretty smart at his age. He has quite a few words he says, including thank you (tat-ooh), juice (juu), crackers (cacker) milk (mik).
We have started getting him to point to his body parts, he knows his nose, tummy, feet, toes, and head.
He's got the Little People Farm, so we'll take 2-3 animals, line them up and ask him to pick out "the cow" and he can do it. He's got the cow, pig, dog, and farmer(boy) down pat. There's many more things he can do, we're just running out of ideas like I said.
Help please?

Don't forget putting on music and dancing! Or just "waltzing" around the room while you hold him. My lo also likes the feather duster, a pull along duck, and STILL loves anything with buttons.

K. stacking blocks and knocking them down is verry inportaint at this age not just blocks but anything stackable i have a assortment of boxes(cardboard) that i let my boy stack them push,hit or kick over. threading beads(large mackrame) is good to. this two items work on gross and fine motor skills. the blocks come with alphabet,colors and animals the new fisher price ones have animals and other items in them with a activity center for them to use the blocks in
CX2+K

If you watch the PBS channel, you can go to www.pbskids.org. Another fun site is www.crayola.com. Hope this helps!

Look into Parents as Teachers as they come to your house every so often to show you new activities and will leave behind activity sheets...and assess your child's development while they are there! A few ideas I remember from them:
1) Put uncooked rice into a flat tote and let that be an indoor sandbox. Just remember to put a towel or blanket down first!
2) Put assorted small balls (like the bouncy balls) into a bowl and he can use a cup or measuring spoon to dip them out.
3) Cheap men's shaving cream and have them 'finger paint' on a table. This is best outdoors though!
4) Play fort in the living room by putting blankets/towels over chairs and have a picnic under there.
5) I remember my daughter constantly getting into the cabinet with my tupperware containers and playing with them, or playing with the larger legos that was easy for her to handle at that age. And I agree with another poster about the drawing. Helps with fine-motor skills!

My grandkids like watching DVD's of educational cartoons, like Sesame Street etc. Believe me, he'll watch and learn more and be content

Check out parenting.ivillage.com You can sign up for the list subscription and they will send you many activities.

GO TO HUGGIES.COM THEY HAVE A PLACE IN THERE U CAN SELECT INDOOR ACTIVITIES AS WELL AS OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FOR DIFFERENT AGE BABIES.

GOOD LUCK

HOPE IT HELPS

G.

MY SON IS 1 AND KNOWS CERTAIN BODY PARTS, HIS HEAD, NOSE, TOES, EYES. HE IS PRETTY SMART FOR A 1YR OLD.

My son love Animal Planet. I have him tell me what the animals are. Also when it warms up take him for a walk and show him the different trees. My son loves the outdoors.
I also bought him some megablocks for X-mas he loves them. He sits and plays with them for hours. The great thing is there not that expensive.

1 / 3