14 Month Old Nap Schedule

Updated on October 04, 2010
M.H. asks from Las Vegas, NV

My son will be 14 months in 5 days. He has been on a two nap per day schedule for some time. Up at 7am, nap at 10 am and 2:30pm, then sleep at 8pm. But lately he has been taking a long time to fall asleep for nap time and if I just lay him in his crib he will just play so I have been rocking him until he gets very sleepy then laying him down to sleep. But this process is taking a while, so he may not go to sleep for his first nap until 10:30-11am which pushes his 2nd nap back as well. I tried giving him just one nap on Saturday but he only slept for 1 hour all day, I was hoping for 2 hours. He was pretty tired that day but wasn't bad.

Just wondering whe your kids went to one nap a day and what other 14 month old nap schedules are.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Washington DC on

I'd say he is ready to drop the AM nap , but cannot make it until 2pm for his nap , and being overtired causes sleep problems , I would move the PM nap forward to 12 or 12.30 and he should sleep longer , it may take a few days to get into the routine , but he will.

answers from San Francisco on

I have a 14 month old boy- he wakes up about 645-7 am, he gets ready, eats breakfast and watches Spanish learning DVD or Sesame Street, while playing with toys. Up until about 10:30 am and is down for about 1 hr. Then he wakes up eats lunch at 12, plays, takes a bath, and usually goes to the park or plays out side for a while. Then he eats his 1st dinner around 4pm, goes down for another nap. Then i arrive home and he is usually awake by then around 530 and eats 2nd dinner (all small meals) and then plays a bit more. Each nap is no longer then 1 hr. Some times he naps around 1ish- but mostly just morning nap and afternoon nap. Then he goes to bed around 9 pm. He has steadily been on this schedule for a while now. :)

answers from Miami on

Hi. OUr LO went to one nap just at about 14-15 months. It took about 2 months to stabilize.

at the time, we did exactly what you are doing. sometimes, tho we would have a 2 nap day if he was extra tired and/or did not sleep well and sometimes one. Slowly moving toward one by 15 months.

HTH. Jilly

answers from Boise on

My little one is 15 months today and he takes one nap. He usually goes to bed at 7:15-7:30, wakes at 8:00 and naps 11:15ish to 3:00.

Next question: Nap / Bedtime Sleep Schedules