14 Month Old Nap Schedule

Hello,

My son will be 14 months in 5 days. He has been on a two nap per day schedule for some time. Up at 7am, nap at 10 am and 2:30pm, then sleep at 8pm. But lately he has been taking a long time to fall asleep for nap time and if I just lay him in his crib he will just play so I have been rocking him until he gets very sleepy then laying him down to sleep. But this process is taking a while, so he may not go to sleep for his first nap until 10:30-11am which pushes his 2nd nap back as well. I tried giving him just one nap on Saturday but he only slept for 1 hour all day, I was hoping for 2 hours. He was pretty tired that day but wasn't bad.

Just wondering whe your kids went to one nap a day and what other 14 month old nap schedules are.

Thanks

My little one is 15 months today and he takes one nap. He usually goes to bed at 7:15-7:30, wakes at 8:00 and naps 11:15ish to 3:00.

Hi. OUr LO went to one nap just at about 14-15 months. It took about 2 months to stabilize.

at the time, we did exactly what you are doing. sometimes, tho we would have a 2 nap day if he was extra tired and/or did not sleep well and sometimes one. Slowly moving toward one by 15 months.

HTH. Jilly

I have a 14 month old boy- he wakes up about 645-7 am, he gets ready, eats breakfast and watches Spanish learning DVD or Sesame Street, while playing with toys. Up until about 10:30 am and is down for about 1 hr. Then he wakes up eats lunch at 12, plays, takes a bath, and usually goes to the park or plays out side for a while. Then he eats his 1st dinner around 4pm, goes down for another nap. Then i arrive home and he is usually awake by then around 530 and eats 2nd dinner (all small meals) and then plays a bit more. Each nap is no longer then 1 hr. Some times he naps around 1ish- but mostly just morning nap and afternoon nap. Then he goes to bed around 9 pm. He has steadily been on this schedule for a while now. :)

I'd say he is ready to drop the AM nap , but cannot make it until 2pm for his nap , and being overtired causes sleep problems , I would move the PM nap forward to 12 or 12.30 and he should sleep longer , it may take a few days to get into the routine , but he will.

1 / 3