14 Month Old Coughing at Night

My 14 year old daughter has been coughing alot at night. It actually keeps me up. It is a dry cough and she does not have any other symptoms except for a runny nose occasionally. Should I put the humidifier in her room at night? Do you think that would help? I don't think she is sick, I am thinking maybe allergies? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

both of my sons went through that and after a lot of agony with my oldest i took they to an asthma/allergy doc. and turns out that they have milk allergies and asthma (ie coughing at night that doesn't seem to get any better) my suggestion would be to look into something like that

I give my son Dimetapp cold & cough. The ped gave me dosage info because it always says to consult a doctor. He doesn't wake up at night anymore. He does have a runny nose too. You can put the humidifier if you want. I don't use a humidifier. You might want to ask your doc about the dimetapp. I hope this helps.

Try 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of lemon juice and honey. For her size maybe a teaspoon full everytime she seems to cough. My mother gave me the receipe and it has and still works wonders when my son gets a cough due to allergies, colds, and flu. He liked the mixture so much it wasn't a problem getting him to take it and he would stop coughing for hours at a time. It was a great bedtime cough treatment.

Our little girl had the same problems, finally when she was 5 we had her tonsils removed. It helped tremendously! I would recommend asking your pediatrician, or visiting an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor for a consultation. Good Luck!

I would worry first and foremost about asthma. Coughing at night is one of the first signs. A humidifier is a good start. They help me and I have had asthma since I was five years old. Just don't put any medicine in the humidifier, just water. And I would make her an appointment with her doctor. Keep a journal of her nights of coughing and keep an eye on what she does during the day and even what the weather is like and you might be able to curb her symptoms. Good luck.

I would definitely try putting the humidifier in. Even if it doesn't help, which I think it would, it won't hurt anything.

My younger son, now 2 1/2, had this during allergy season last year but so far so good this time around. Just that dry night time cough. Our doc said it is an asthma type cough (I have asthma). When it got bad and kept him up, we gave him liquid albuterol. You may ask your doc about that option too. Good luck.

1 / 3