13 Year Old Pool Party

I know this has come up before but I lost the info. My daughter is having a pool party with a Hawaiian theme for her 13th birthday. I need suggestions as to what activites I can do to keep the girls busy and not bored.

Hula-hoop, dance, and limbo contest. Water volleyball is always a hit. Decorate Kozies! Create fruity island drinks.
Girls love to be pampered...put together small pool bags filled with: sun screen, beach ball, sunglasses, flip flops and a favored water. They will have a blast just being together!! "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
ItsAllAboutYou-Events.com

LIMBO!! When I was younger I had a Hawaiian themed birthday party and my friends and I LOVED it!

Hawaiian parties are always fun! You could have a hula dance contest w/ fun prizes - let them make flower wreaths for their hair, get some grass skirts, fun music, etc. You could make coconut shell candles, make pina coladas - vigin, of course - and garnish w/ the little umbrellas. Try Arne's (close to 45/I-10 - www.arneswarehouse.com) for supplies. They've got about everything you could think of! I always come up w/ good ideas there. Good luck! :)

You can't beat a pool party! A game my girls always enjoyed (and still do) was "Capture the Watermelon". We rubbed a small amount of cooking oil over the whole watermelon - enough to make it hard to hold on to in the water. Divide into two teams and throw the melon in the middle. The first team to get the melon to their side of the pool and in a basket wins. Note: the oil is no worse than sunscreen in the pool. Another idea is to have a penny dive. Throw pennies and a few "gold dollars" into the pool for the girls to collect. My last suggestion would be to get a disposable underwater camera and let the girls pose underwater. After the party use the underwater pictures for thank you notes!

Why not have a hula contest? =) Grab one of those volleyball or basketball sets that is for the water and let them have a game in the pool. I remember having a blast at a pool party playing these games when I was around that age. I know its not much but I hope this helps.

1 / 3