12 Year Old Boy Birthday Party

My son's 12th birthday is coming up and he would like to have a party. I am in need of easy/inexpensive ideas. Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone for the awesome ideas. We're going with a home party in the afternoon with music, a few games, pizza and then a friend to spend the night.

I think there is a paintball field. That is fun for young boys. They have all the rental stuff and the guys are really nice to the kids, and help them.
I think you have to talk to the sports store in milton.

I have a 12 year-old son and at this age, we have found that the boys are pretty happy just to "hang out." My son went to a party last weekend with about 20 kids. They set up a volley ball net in the back and the kids spent most of the time tossing different things across the net - volley balls, water balloons, beach balls, etc. There was also a basketball hoop and the kids would randomly shoot hoops then drift off with other kids. When I stopped by, a large number of the kids were just sitting around in a circle talking, drinking soda and listening to music. Scavenger hunts are always good - especially if there are "goodies" along the way.

My son's b-day is in December so we have to get a little creative inside so that they don't just play video games the whole time (they wind up doing that regardless, but we didn't want it to be the focus of the party). It was cold out, but not snowing and they STILL wound up outside just running around the house - tag of sorts, etc. We did a "pool" party for him last year - they all wore Hawaiian shirts and we decorated for a luau but the "pool" was the pool table rather than a swimming pool.

They're 12 and they're boys....music, food, drinks and room to run and they seem to be able to keep busy.

Have a water balloon party. On invitations tell all the kids to bring a towel and water guns. Fill up a ton of water balloons and purchase some water guns and let them have a blast.

Dear T.,
I always found pizza/pool parties a lot of fun. All the children get to enjoy a swimming
day. You can arrange with the community pool that you will be having children there, and also cake or whatever else you want to bring. I did it twice with our son when we lived in
Long Island, and it was a hit! I never had to pay the community pool at all for the service.
I would check into it.

I lead the jr. high youth group at my church and the boys there love it when we take them to a rock climbing gym. There is one in Downingtown called Vertical Extreme and I know that they do parties. I'm not sure what the cost would be though.

Hi T.,
Does he like sports? How about a baseball themed party at a local park? Tell the kids to bring their mitts, bats, baseballs, etc. You provide all-american baseball style meal: hot dogs, nachos, Gatorade, etc. and have a baseball-decorated cake? For favors, you can provide something from your nearewst city's baseball team (mug filled with peanuts, etc.). Just one idea I had. Good luck.

Hi! my son just turned 11 last month and we did a painball party . my brothers took them. they are hunters and such so my son has been in the woods a lot an wanted an all boy thing. well they had the time of their life it was 40 bucks from 11:30-4:40pm and then when all the guys/kids came home we had a pool party and pizza. i was worried at first he'd get hurt,but he ended up kicking everyones but and winning the game 4 times. i never seen him so excited and know wants to do it every year.the place was very safe and none of the other parents had any concerns.

Is he into pirates at all? I'd think a pirate-themed party would be fairly easy to work with.

1 / 3