12 Month Vaccinations

My daughter will be going in for her 12 month check soon. When I phoned, the nurse told me the dr. will want to give the MMR, chicken pox, and flu vaccines. That sounded like a lot to me, but the nurse said she would feel bad enough after the MMR, that we may as well do the others as well. Kind of a get it over all at once situation if you will. How bad will she feel? Should I give her some Tylenol before the appointment as I've heard? Does she really need the flu vaccine? She doesn't go to day care or even a babysitter and has no contact with other children, yet. If my husband and I get shots, should we get one for her "just in case"? How difficult is it to find the preservative free/nasal flu vaccine? Does the chicken pox really help? My friend said after the chicken pox vaccine, her son got the chicken pox a couple of months later, TWICE. What do you think, Mamas?

I personally believe the MMR is PLENTY in one day! Sounds like you're leaning towards skipping the flu and pox- good idea. These immunizations are so much on their little bodies, skip what you can. Good luck.

I didn't do the chicken pox vaccine. I don't do the MMR until 18-24 months, and I have NEVER done the flu vaccine to my children. Google NVIC if you want to know why.. and Texas offers you a waiver that will still let them attend daycare and school - they just don't tell you about it. http://www.909shot.com/state-site/Texas.htm

The nasal flu shot IS capable of causing the flu... which is why it's only recommended if you're very healthy.

They do the flu vaccine in two parts at that age, and a nasal vaccine isn't available for that age yet (2 and up).

I am so against vaccines, so my opinion will differ from others. The MMR is the one that has the big movement against it ou in Washington. This vaccine will cause autism in some children. Do not let them talk you into this one. The doctors do not know, they are just doing what they are told. Your baby also does not need the chicken pox vaccine. Who cares if she gets it, it is a childhood illness. Besides, the vaccine does not prevent chicken pox. It will actually give it to her, because she will be injected with it. Does that make sense? The flu is another bad vaccine, because it is laced with aluminum and mercury. This has been linked to Alzhiemers. Every flu shot increases your risk of Alzhiemers by 5 times later in life. Don't EVER get the flu shot for any reason ever! Besides it doesn't work. There are too many diferent strands of the flu to try and vaccinate against it. The choice is yours on vaccinations. Don't let the doctors office tell you what you have to do. A co-worker of my husband's lost his 9 month baby girl, because they told him she HAS to have so many vaccinations. She died 5 days later. They were on the news and everything. Another big lie is they say that they have "mercury free" vaccinations. That is not possible, because these vaccinations have to have shelf life. Good luck! Stick to your guns!

http://www.vran.org/vaccines/doctors/s-tenpenny.htm

I am in favor of informed choice in health care. Our physicians often only give one side of the information, so I don't feel fully informed unless I am proactive enough to "hear" the opposing view.

The above link is one place to go for more info. Dr. Sherry Tenpenny is a voice about the problems with vaccinations. You can certainly find more on other sites if you look, but she is well known as an expert in this area.

Multiple vaccines at one time are definitely implicated in our current autism epidemic, due to their overload of immature immune systems. This is one thing to consider. Another is the toxic ingredients in the vaccines. Another is the long-term effects which are basically unknown.

The statistics on the flu vaccine specifically and it's benefits seem to be skewed. Go to www.mercola.com and do a search for flu vaccine to read more about this and the toxic ingredients in the flu vaccine.

In general, "follow the money", and do a "cost to benefit" analysis. Who is most benefiting from the large amounts of vaccines being recommended for our children? Are the risks of the vaccine (and yes there are risks though it sounds like your doctor will minimalize them, and the long-term risks are not well understood at this time, so these are overlooked altogether by most health care providers)...anyway are the risks worth the potential benefit?

Congrats to you for remembering that you have choices, and for looking for more information before making this choice.

I would not personally even give the MMR together but would request the individual vaccinations be given seperately.

Ask them to order the individual shots and follow your instinct - too much at once is too much at once and increases the risks exponentially. :-)

I've said it time and time again - parents get these little nagging voices to protect their children. If you feel like it's too much at once than go with that. Tell them you aren't comfortable with that many shots at this time and you'll continue to reschedule as needed.

The clinics are often overworked and prefer to give as many shots as possible all at once becuase they are afraid parents won't bring their kids back.

Blessings, A. <><

P.S. Personally I would avoid the chicken pox as well unless there is a psecific medical condition that would make it truly dangerous (ie leukemia, HIV or other severe autoimmune disorder). A natural immunity is usually much longer lasting.

P.P.S. I wanted to add after reading some of the other posts - it is not chicken pox that "goes down on a man". That would be mumps. Just to clarify. Chicken pox is the itchy disease that is nearly harmless though irritating in children but very painful and serious in adults. Better to let them get it naturally now.

The flu vaccine is not required and you do not have to get it. My sister in law just turned it down recently also. However if I were you I would ask if they have any thimerisol mercury in their vaccines since it's thought to be linked to Autism by many,including me. It was supposed to be taken out of vaccines, but some have small amounts. The best amount in my opinion is no amout of thimerisol mercury. I'm telling you this because I wish someone would have told me. My daughter is on the Autism spectrum. It's very curious that just after getting the MMR vaccine she had a 106 temperature that would not come down easily even at the emergency room. Besides, the flu vaccines also are said to not even be effective. Just want to make you aware. Thanks!

Not wanting to scare you, I'd advise you to wait. Since you are a SAHM and no one is holding a gun to your head to give your child shots, DON'T! When you do feel comfortable about giving her the shots, do one at a time, no matter what your doctor or nurse says to you. YOU are your daughter's only advocate. Go Slow! Allergic reactions aren't ordinary, but they do happen. My daughter changed pediatricians because they treated her with such disrespect over vaccinations! My reason for this opinion is that I have a friend whose child DID have an allergic reaction to the DPT shots, and it wasn't diagnosed until she was hopelessly brain damaged. You only have to see one person's agony to know what you have to do to protect your child. Unless you put your daughter in daycare, or later in pre-school, you have plenty of time. Flu shots still have the mercury preservative in them, so they aren't safe, either. The best thing you can do for your family is learn about nuitrition and how to be healthier. Doctors do not study nuitrition in medical school. They are taught to treat, not prevent bad health. My daughter waited until her two started to preschool and they were, and still are, very healthy children.
J. B

I just have to add follow your own instincts, and don't be scared in or out of taking the vaccines. I do know there are several cities where parents have decided to not immunize their children and many old time children illnesses are back like mumps and measels so just be careful in your decision.

I vaccinate all my children with the standard ones they recommend. I do it making an educated decision. I do not do the flu vaccine, and last year while I was pregnant I decided to do it for myself, and low and behold I got the flu... first time with the shot and first time I ever had the full blown flu...

Just be cautious where you look and what you read, because believe it or not the vaccines have saved a lot of lives and maybe that is where we get the rise in numbers of children with different disabilities....

1 / 3