11 Month Old Throwing up - Flu??

My 11 month old has been throwing up on & off since Sunday. Would it be the flu? When do you worry & seek medical attention? He's keeping formula down & an occasional jar of baby food. On Sunday we switched from our regular BeechNut brand (jarred food) to Gerber & that was the 1st time he threw up so I thought it was just the new food but now he throws up on his favorites too. Also, he has a rash that seems to be getting worse but it's only on his legs. He doesn't act sick. He isn't crying more than normal or lethargic. What should I do?

I called the doctor. He said to keep my baby on only formula for the next few days & slowly re-introduce solid foods again. He thought it sounded like an allergic reaction to one of the foods since we've given him a lot of different choices over the past few days. Thanks for the advice!

It's good that he is not crying nor lathargic, but I would call the Dr. and see what they say. Does he have a fever? My son at age 7 had those symptoms, and the Dr. told me it was the flu and to wait it out, well after about 3 days he got the rash, and I knew somthing was wrong. I took him to a Redi Care and he was diagnosed with Scarlett Fever.

I'm so sorry that your son has been throwing up. :o( I would call the ped. office and talk to a nurse, just to get advice. When my kids have been sick with vomiting, the nurse I spoke with recommended the B.R.A.T diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesause, Toast. The rule of thumb though was to not give solid foods until my children were able to keep fluids down for 6 hours. Make sure your son is staying hydrated, then try bland foods. Good luck. I hope he feels better soon.

I actually would call the Dr. right away with the rash. It could be any number of things or absolutely nothing. Who knows. It's better to have sound medical advice!
I hope your little guy feels better soon!

It could be that he is allergic to something in the Gerber. I would change back and then if he continues to have the problem Take HIM IN to the doctor.

It sounds like the flu to me...my son just got over it as did a lot of our neighbors. The doctor told us to make sure that he is hydrated...we gave our son Pedilyte 5 minutes for every hour then a little bit throughout the day. Also if he is throwing up constantly for a while the ER doctor told my friend to take a can of coke and boil it, add 4 TBS of Sugar until it stops fizzing then give him 1 TBS every 5 minutes for an hour, it is supposed to help with nausesness (SP)
Im not sure about the rash though, I would call the ped on that and maybe on the throwing up too just to make sure. Hope that helps.

wait a couple of days and if the baby is still throwing up call the doctor and bring the baby in.
C. N

1 / 3