100 Days Project!

My son's teacher wants to celebrate 100 days of school with a project. The project needs to contain 100 pieces of something. It needs to be portable so my 6 yr old can get it to school, but I have *NO* idea of what to do. Her example was a picture that was made out of 100 beans. My son likes hockey and superheros, if that's any help. I'm at a loss. Any ideas would be *greatly* appreciated!

We decided to paint popsicle sticks gray, orange & black (Flyers' Colors). We cut poster board in the shape of a hockey stick and glued 100 popsicle sticks to both sides. We also glued a "puck" on it and wrote "100" on it. It turned out really well and Brian could do most of the work on his own, although his little brother and I helped too. Too bad I can't post a picture because he was very proud of it. He even got a 100 grade for it! Thanks for all your help!

We got the bulk box of cheap band-aids. My daughter had a ball opening them all and putting them on her clothes for the next day and then wore her project.

My son loved Hot wheels at the time. He actually counted 100 cars and he carried them in. My daughter I think did cherrios. You could do almost anything. Could he possibly have 100 superheroes? You could do football, baseball cards, m&m's, marbles, raisins, Skittles. Unfortunatly, most of it is food. How about some popcorn kernals, or the packing peanuts? How about fingerprints? Sunflower seeds. There some ideas. HOpe it helps. Let me know what he chooses.

what about a pasta necklace? I remember making those when I was young- stringing uncooked multi-colored ziti or wagon wheels onto string. Good luck!

I was really great about taking pictures when my daughter was little so when she had her 100 day thing at school we did a photo album of 100 firsts for her. such as her first smile, her first feeding and her first steps.. We did her first puppy, her first day home and the first time people held her.. The teacher loved it and said it was something she had never had done before.. Good luck in what ever you choose to do.

Check out a craft store or grocery store and find something that comes in a container of 100+ items. Once you decide what you will use, the idea for the presentation will be easier.

100 hockey stickers arranged in the shape of a hockey stick.

100 circles spelling out your son's name.

100 pieces of cereal in a drawing of a cereal bowl.

100 fish/sealife stickers on blue to represent an ocean.

100 elbow macaroni strung on a string into a necklace.

Just have fun choosing, counting and arranging the items in a way your son will enjoy doing it.

Love MaryAnne C's idea...just saw 100 pc superhero puzzles in Target the other day...could glue then all slightly apart so the total picture could still be made out...

Hi
My son did this very project last year and he made a Tshirt with 100 eyes on it..and wrote 100 DAZE.
Just an idea....
maybe your son could use super hero sticks on something..I forget if it had to be a shirt or anything?? Maybe he could do a collage??

If you have it on hand and are going to get it back I would suggest building something out of small legos could be fun for your son, if you don't have legos maybe find something similar around the house like sugar cubes or something. The other idea is to take a large construction board have him draw something on it and cut it into a 100 piece puzzle. Hope this helps.

I am doing this same project with my daughter, and she came up with cotton balls. They come in a pack of 100 and we are going to make a snow scene with them. Good Luck!

1 / 3