10 Year Old Birthday Party - Greenwood,MO

My daughter will be 10 in November. We are new to the area and school district and I want to come up with an idea for her birthday party this year to help her make friends at school and so that everyone will enjoy and have fun. She is not a girly-girl, more of a tom-boy. Please give me suggestions that are popular with the kids in her age group for boys and girls. Thanks!

Sky Zone in the Chesterfield Valley would be great for boys and girls. A bit pricey.. but the kids LOVE IT.

Pump it Up, Ceramics-the Painting Paw in Chesterfield, Ice Skating, Roller skating, bowling. Just going to a park and playing baseball, dodge ball, do a craft. Or do all kinds of relay races. Put cotton balls on a spoon or scoop and have each team race to the other end and dump them in a bucket. The team with the most cotton balls wins. Or do a dress up relay. 2 teams/overalls, oversided shoes, hat whatever they must dress race and undress then on to the next team member. There is a bead store Buzy Beads in Chesterfield. Or do a home party with a theme of sports or Fall..........have a sleepover or even a pretend sleepover. Everyone comes in their PJs and you have pizza, ice cream sundaes and watch movies. I use Familyfun.com for ideas on games, food and crafts. Also makingfriends.com has some craft ideas.

I did a scavenger hunt for my 6yo daughter AND my husband's surprise 30th bday party. Both were a great success. I themed my husband's party as a top-secret/spy theme, but just did it as an activity at my daughter's party. Some things I did to make decoding the clues fun:

jumbled the clue(so an "A" was really shown as a "Z" & gave them a "decoder" to unscramble the message)

wrote the clue with an invisible marker-- use Crayola color change markers.The package comes with a clear marker that changes another marker's color when you write over it. But it also works the opposite way-- when you write with the clear marker & scribble over it with a colored marker, the invisible message shows up.

put a clue inside a balloon that they had to pop

Got a blank puzzle (got mine from US Toy company) and drew a picture of where the next clue was (mine was bathroom sink)

For my 6yo's party, I just took pictures of the area where the next clue was hidden-- most of them couldn't read yet.

You can have the last clue lead to prizes. At my husband's party, I used $1 gold coins (ask at the bank), postage stamps with works of art on them, etc. But at my daughter's party, at each stop was a box that held the next clue AND a prize-- necklaces, candy, etc.

Anyway, this is a really fun activity for old and young. Have fun with your party!

Pool Parties are fun. You can go to a local hotel who has an indoor pool, you get a room for the night, have the kids dropped off at the hotel for a few hours to swim, order in some pizza, serve some juice or pop, serve cake, and ice cream, kids get picked up, your child crashes because she is tired, and you can kick back in the hotel room and watch a movie. Pick up is a breeze...no house to clean! WE did this for several years, and our kids looked forward to going to a hotel and inviting their friends to swim.

Another idea, is that you could take the kids bowling.

Or you could do a Treasure hunt, make it fun to find different things.

Miniture Golf

Those are all things we did with our kids, one being a girl, who was very tom boyish at the time, now she is turning into a sweet little girl (14).

Good Luck. C. F.

skating party (either ice or roller) is usually good. that's what i did for my tenth and it was a roaring success. um, things like incredible pizza in springfield, mo, are good too....what can u do wrong when its indoor go karts and pizza?

If you still need more ideas, go to
www.birthdaypartyideas.com
It has a lot of great ideas that are usually listed with the age of the child it was held for, and they have a whole listing of teenage party ideas.
The party ideas you've gotten from these moms sound great, especially that roller skating party. My Girls in Action group at church is third and fourth graders, and the first thing they told me they'd like to do this year is some roller skating.
Have fun!

For our daughter's 10th party this year we had a ceramics party at Ceramics and More in Sunset Hills. We had boys and girls and they had a ball. It is owned by a wife/husband and they are so nice. Unlike some places where they limit you to what they can pick, they let you put a price ceiling if you want and the kids can pick anything under that. So we had statues, banks, mugs, plates, etc. picked. You bring in your own paper goods, cake, drink, ice cream, whatever you want. They were wonderful and I would do another party there in a minute but she is my youngest, although we may do a bridal one there which could be fun too.

sounds like the consensus is a pizza party which I would recommend as well. I would check out a bowling alley that has a cosmic bowling night which would be fun in November. I recall back in my day we would go ice skating at Crown Center. If its too cold you could always do an indoor skating party or host a movie night. You know the kids are going to stay up all night anyway so rent a bunch of movies. Another idea would be to get some adlibs games. I remember those were always fun. Hope that helps.

There are several: roller skating, bowling party, in earth city is the blow up trampolines jumpin something. I dont know your budget.
Ask her what she qould like to do. Take it from there.

1 / 3