10 Weeks and Spotting

I have a question for all of you who have been pregnant before. I am 10 weeks with my first, and I am just having a horrible time! At about 5 or 6 weeks, I was sent to the emergency room with spotting, and they thought it was ectopic. After many ultrasounds they found out it wasnt, but then I started bleeding like a period and having cramps! I went back to the doc and they did more research and found the baby was fine, and there was no miscarriage, and that it was developing fine. Well... several weeks have fone by and that all had gone away, however exactly at my 10 week mark, (monday) I started spotting again! It continued yesterday, and today it is even worse. The blood is always a brownish tint, never red, but it is still a litte weird for me. I know that it is not supposed to happen. Am I worried about nothing? Did this happen to anyone else? Should I go back in or just not worry about it. Anything to put my mind at east would be great. Thanks!

Thank you all for your help and kindess. Now I know not to worry so much, and just make sure I keep checking in with my doc. Thanks again, and happy holidays!! :)

Hi. I just had my second son. I spotted for the first 4 months of this last pregnancy. I worried like crazy but the doctor kept telling me that everything was fine. I just trusted the doc. I stopped spotting after 4 months and everything was fine. My baby is healthy. I would call your doc any and every time you think something is wrong or you feel worried. That's what they are there for...to make sure that you and baby are healthy and happy. Good luck and congrats!

With my 1st daughter I bleed but it was brown colored. My doctor checked and found that I had a low lying placenta and that she was fine. She put me on bed rest for a week. That seemed to help. My daughter was even born 1 1/2 weeks past her due date. She is a very health 5 yr old.
Just keep going to the doctor if you don't feel well about what is going on.

Congrats!

A family friend of hours had periods DURING her pregnancy and has two healthy kids. The women in her family jsut had that.

I spotted through the first half of my first pregnancy and kept getting checkups and even a 3D ultrasound. All was fine and I had a wonderful baby girl.

Keep up with your checkups no matter how many times they have to do them... but believe (I mean this) that all is well. Relax (not too much driving, heavy lifting, etc) and enjoy this time. I know the stress you feel as I went through this, too. Hang in there... all WILL be fine. My daughter (almost 6) is your proof.

God bless. Happy Holidays.

D.,
I had almost the exact experience you described. I am now 32 wks pg, and boy has this been a bumpy ride. My 1st pg was textbook, and this is anything but! I spotted as big as 4" x like a 1/2" and it was sometimes mucousy and once or twice bright red. I was told by the ER that you're okay unless you're SOAKING a pad in 2 hrs and severely cramping to the point you feel like you're in labor (you wouldn't know that I guess-but VERY bad pain). I always called my dr if for nothing else my peace of mind. I'd have some spotting and then it would get better and then boom, it would be back like a week later! My dr also kept me on pelvic rest and said to take it easy!

Good luck. Feel free to email if you want. Mine subsided around 11 or 12 wks. Go to www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com and/or babycenter and a lot of people are experiencing this there too. It helped me!
R.

I was 25 and healthy when I got pregnant but like you had cramping and spotting. I kept freaking out and calling my doctor. Fortunately, nothing was wrong. The spotting was also slightly brown never red. I was under a lot of stress so I don't know if that had something to do with it. I would recommend you remain calm but call your doctor. Let her be the one to decide if you need to come in or not. My doctor would ask me a couple of questions and then let me know what signs I needed to look for indicating an emergency. I can't remember when I stopped spotting but it was definitely only during the first trimester. My baby was born at 37 weeks but very healthy. She weighed 6lbs 12oz.

Hope this helps!

I would go to the dr. just to ease your mind. It might be nothing but you want to make sure.
I hope everything is ok.

HI,
I had spotting at 4 weeks. I found out I was pregnant on September 9th 2005 and about 7 days later I started spotting.I called the doctor and they said it was more then likly just the egg emplanting or something like that.I went out of town and the next day I started bleeding like a period. I called my doctor because a few days before that I saw my reg. MD and she told me to go to the nearest ER. She also reviewed my lab work and she said that my progesterone levels were low and I should be taking something to help prevent a miscarriage.
I went to an Urgent Care Center and they said that I was having a miscarriage. I was so upset.
I could not understand why this was happening I was young and healthy. A few days later when I got back home I went to my Doctor and told them what they had said they did an ultrasound. They saw that the sac was still in place but they could not hear the heartbeat. They told me to come back in a week and they would do another ultrasound. In the meantime they were treating me as if I was still pregnant so they gave me a progesterone supplement to stop the bleeding. I went back in a week and they did another ultrasound and I heard the heartbeat and at that point I knew everything was ok. I stayed on those pills for about 4-6 weeks. After that I did not have anymore bleeding. On May 11th I had a beautiful 8 lbs 8oz baby girl.
I wish you and your baby the best and I hope everything gets better for you. Sorry So long.

Dear D.,
Hi! Congratulations on your baby! I know how much this is worrying you. I've been there 4 times. Yep...4 pregnancies, 4 times for spotting and 4 healthy babies. The first pregnancy I cramped just like a period. In fact, I was so sure I was miscarrying that I went ahead and took a lot of prescription cramp medicine. Well, he's 17 and doing great!! The next two pregnancies, I spotted a lot but with very little actual cramping. Still scary. They are now 15 and 11. The fourth time, I bled so much it would run down my leg in the shower. (Probably more than you wanted to know!) He is now 2 1/2 and such fun. They think I miscarried his twin on the last pregnancy. I had a gut feeling I was carrying twins and made them look all around my uterus during the first sono. They found an egg sac that they said was either behind in development or "on it's way out". So, we figure that's what happened. But, they wouldn't have looked for the second one if I hadn't insisted. So...keep the faith. Everything will probably be fine. Rest and take it easy... but realize there is really nothing you can do to affect the outcome. Just know that there are at least four happy, healthy children that all started out the way yours is!! I am sure there are more!
God Bless,
P.

1 / 3