10 Month Old Won't Eat Babyfood.

Ok so my DD will be 10 months old next week. She is on solid food three times a day and BM in between. She will not let you feed her and she doesn't have the spoon thing down so I need ideas on finger foods that I can make that she can eat on her own. We have done mac and cheese and peaches, pears, bananas, grilled cheese, peas,green beans but I need some creative and nutritious ideas. She won't eat apples, carrots, broccoli or potatoes. Any help would be awesome.

Chick peas and black beans are good finger foods and high in protein. Grapes cut up into small pieces, cheese, graham crackers broken up into small pieces, buttered toast and toaster waffles in small pieces, kiwi, mango, tomatoes, pineapple. Those are few ideas. Hope it helps!

Another thing we did was fish sticks and chicken sticks that way they get their protein in too. If it is too hard to crunch them, then what we did at first was microwave the food, then they are soft, but still cooked.

Another thing I did was to get a small food processor and whatever we ate, I would put in the processor to make it smaller for my kids to pick-up and eat, always had a spoon and fork available for them to try. So like spaghetti noodles would be chopped up to their size etc.

Try the Gerber Graduate cubed carrots, they are sweeter and my kids LOVED them, she can self feed with those.
My son didn't like baby food either at that age, scrambled eggs with cheese on the the tray, diced up cheese pizza, even cut up in tiny pieces sandwiches. Gerber Graduates have diced apples too that are softer, peaches, green beans. Cottage cheese is messy but they both loved it. Encourage the spoon just by letting her hold on to it. I did shredded meats too, basically whatever we were eating as a family as long as it wasn't hard and I could chop it up.

My babies all refused to let me feed them at about 8-9 months, although sometimes if I let them hold one spoon and I used another spoon it would work. You are on the right track with letting her feed herself finger foods, just make sure you stay right with her in case of choking. And even though she is not great at using a spoon yet let her try it, she will learn. One thing I did with my kids also was to use dips, you can make any babyfood into a dip and just have her dip pieces of bread or crackers or veggies or whatever into the dip and eat it. Some good ideas are: yogurt, the kind make with whole milk like Yo-baby, you can sprinkle in some cinnimon or mix the yogurt with some pureed fruit babyfood, applesauce, buy the big container of natural unsweetened apple sauce, or mix together some ranch dressing and purred veggies like carrots. I like to make the dips to give some extra nutrition and it helps you use up all the jars of babyfood that your baby now refuses to eat from a spoon! Good luck!

I have a ten month old as well and she is also beginning to show her independence with eating. Finger foods is definitely a favorite at this age! I recommend a book called Super Foods by Annabel Karmel. It is a fantastic book with creative ideas as to sneaking veggies into foods and making them look fun to eat! The book is well illustrated and definitely worth purchasing. One idea that works great for us is sweet potato pancakes. I make the pancakes from scratch (which really there is nothing to it), but pancake mix works just fine. I add two 2nd foods tubs of sweet potatoes and 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup to the mix. They are healthy and sweet so no messing syrup is needed! I pack them with us where ever we go as an easy, delicious, and nutritional snack. I've also roasted/baked squash and sweet potatoes and pureed them in the food processor (instead of using the prepackaged baby food), which makes them even sweeter!

Hope that helps. Good Luck!

My kids love avacados! Cottage cheese is good too, you can rinse the liqid off and just give her the curds. Maybe she would like squash or sweet potatoes. Peeled tomatoes. Canned chicken or home cooked chicken or ground beef. Pasta with sauce (remove ALL clothes first! ha!) Hmmmm, that is all I can think of with my 4 year old talking to me. good luck!

My son also quit eating baby food pretty early, and I have just been feeding him slightly modified versions of what his dad and I are eating. For example, if we are having pasta, I just cook his a bit longer so it is softer, if I am making chili, I take some out for him before I make it spicy. He eats everything we eat, from fish burritos (his favorite!) to oatmeal to lasagna. My advice would be to prepare healthy, nutritious meals for yourself and feed her the same foods you are eating, just make sure they are cut/mashed up so she can manage them. My son also love to feed himself with a spoon, but at 11 months is not great at it, so I give him his own spoon and let him help, but I try to feed him most of foods like yogurt. He is more likely to let me feed him if he can participate.

My son did the same thing. He just would not eat baby food at all starting at about 9 or ten months. He really enjoyed wraps of all kinds, french toast, avocado slices, hard boiled eggs (you can give her the yolks only as is recommended by pediatricians), cucumbers, hummus and crackers, pieces of turkey, etc... At ten months, they can eat most of what you are eating, just make sure that it is not heavily seasoned and the right temperature. I have found that my son (he is now almost 2) is a lot less picky than most kids his age because I introduced him to a variety of foods early on. Hope this helps and good luck!

I loved it when my baby moved onto solids because she got to experience so many foods. Anything you eat, your child can eat; canned veggies are really good in a pinch - corn, carrots, bean (both green and hard; my daughter loves navy and white beans!), sweet peas. If your daughter is eating cheese, then you can give her cheese slices or melt a little cheese on toast or a tortilla and rip it up. I make toast for my little one with a little jam and butter and cut in to small cubes. Think outside the box! Good luck!

1 / 3