1 Year Old with Really Bad Diaper Rash

Hello fellow moms! I need some help here, my daughter has been suffering from a really bad diaper rash for the past week, I've tried desitin original and balmex, but no relief. So I was wondering if any of you wonderful moms have great suggestions on what products to use to get rid of this, thank you so much ladies!

Thank you everyone!!! It turns out it was a yeast infection, so I used some lotrimin on her last night, and this morning its almost all gone! I cannot thank you wonderful mothers out there for helping me out, I knew I could count on all of you for the right information! I'm so glad that we are seeing improvement, because it was getting pretty bad and its hard to see you baby in pain from the irritation! Thanks again!

I agree with many of the moms who have suggested yeast. I treated my daughter's yeast infection with probiotics and diluted Tea Tree oil. When I took her into the doctor, they said, "whatever you're doing is working. She doesn't need a prescription, just keep doing what ever you're doing."

Just take a really good quality probiotic and mix it into her food. Then dilute some tea tree oil in olive oil, cocnut oil or almond oil and put it on the yeast rash a few times a day. You'll see an inprovement right away. Avoid crackes skin if she has any.

It may be a yeast infection. Use Lotrimin (for athlete's foot). My son had horrible diaper rash when he was a baby and that is what my dr. told me to buy. It worked awesome.

Weleda Diaper Care cream is wonderful. For everyday use, Weleda Baby Cream is fine for the diaper area, but when my kids had a rash the Diaper Care cream cleared it up right away. it's avaiable online or at Campbell's in Des Moines--maybe at New City Market too, I can't remember.

Hopefully this can help you. My mom is originally from Germany, its old-fashion and it's a little more "natural way", but it worked for us. Make a strong "tea" of camomille flower tea, (any grocery or natural food store should have it) soak a soft cloth, like a cloth diaper, gently squezze it out and use it as a compress. Use it warm, not hot of course, but not cold either, 'cause who would want that? :) Let you baby girl just lay, maybe as she watches a little t.v. and lay it on her butt. You can do this as often as you like, obviously, the more often, the better. Follow up with some pure Vitamin E oil, not pill form (but that would work too) but in a little bottle, you can get it at any Walgreens. Spread a good amount around. And most of all, let her little butt BREATHE, let her go butt bare, for periods of time. Better to clean a little tinkle than suffer with monkey butt! Good luck.
~D. S.

Once with my daughter, none of the creams helped! I went to straight cornstarch: I would wipe/dab at every change, then either let her air dry for a couple of minutes or blow (mouth) dry, and then I had a little bowl of regular old cornstarch and would dump it on, with her bottom already on the diaper. It would stick to the raw parts, which the creams just wouldn't do. It took about a week, but she stopped being bothered by the rash on the 2nd day. Oh, and I know it's getting harder, but giving her bottom some sunshine time can really help too, and letting her go bare inside for a couple of minutes a couple of times a day. As moms, we want to try and contain the mess, but we forget/ don't know how uncomfortable it is to be wrapped up all the time in paper and gel! Good luck!

I really like triple paste CVS and walgreens has it. It worked really well.

my son has had only a couple of bad diaper rashes, both of which happened when he was on antibiotocs. This is what I did: I used Aveeno Baby packets during his bath to soak his butt. I then used Lotrimin and Boudreaux's Butt Paste and alternated them with each diaper change. This seemed to clear him pretty quickly.
Good luck@

For sure A&D ointment. I swear by it as well as my mother and grandmother

Aquaphor - made by Eucerin. It's a combination of petroleum jelly and lotion, and it works FABULOUSLY.

Try using the Balmex with some regular cornstarch sprinkled on top. That worked for me when my daughter was in diapers!

1 / 3