1 Year Old Crying NonStop

For the last few days my one year old son has been crying (more like screaming) all the time. He is not even consolable. Last night he woke up three times just screaming crying. Usually, if I hold him and rock him it will calm him down but not lately. He's been crying in the morning but the time we get up until we leave. Now, even when I drop him off at the sitter's he screams and cries too. How can I get this to stop and what do you think it is from?? HELP!

Well, my son slept through the night last night and except for a couple of tantrums was really good during the evening. Guess it's just a phase? I don't think it is an ear infection as he is not acting like that is the case. I do think he had stomach issues the other night, but like I said last night was a "not so bad" night! Thanks for all your advice

S.,

As a mother of 2 11 & 14 now. My 14 year old had ear infections all of the time and we know those can be very painful. You may take him to the doctor if you haven't already to see if this may be a problem. You know with the weather so crazy it is the time when they happen.

How many teeth does he have? Could he be getting his one year molars? My son was inconsolable when his came in (way early), very similiar to what you are describing. The molars (for my kids) were much worse than the other teeth.

Also, has he been sick recently, and pulling on his ears or digging in them? The only other time my son and daughter have been that inconsolable is when they have an ear infection. Both the teething and the ear infections have caused my kids to wake up several times at night. In fact, my daughter perforated her eardrum and was very crabby, and I didn't even know she had an infection because she didn't touch her ears or complain about them, she just acted badly, crying, throwing kicking screaming tantrums.

My question is , is something happing at the sitter's you to not know about. Ask her if she can think of anything and also ask for a list of other parents and talk to them about this sitter.

Of course, I'm thinking ear ache. Has the doctor looked him over?

I know it's been said multiple times, but I'd check for an ear infection. both of my girls NEVER showed any of the "normal" signs...no fever, no tugging on the ear, nothing. The only signs were crying for no reason all the time, wouldn't sleep, just wanted to mommy. His hearing could be at risk, so it's always worth the trip to the dr. Good Luck!

maybe somthing is going on at the babysitters house. or maybe somthing is hurting and he cant tell u. My advise is to take him to the doctor..If he is screaming allll the time somthing is wrong

if it just started in the last few days..i'd watch for an ear infection..that's what happens when my 21mo old gets fussy like that and only wants his mommy and doesn't sleep well! i'd say if it keeps up i'd call his ped to see what they say...

Could he be teething, if so try and get the hylands teething tablets they worked wonders with my son. They are homepathic and dissolve in the mouth. If its an ear infection he would be tugging at his ears.

hope he gets relief soon

Have you contacted his doctor? It could be an ear infection or cutting teeth. The constant screaming sounds more like an ear infection.

1 / 3