1 Year Old Always Has Hives!!!

My son is now 1 and has had hives on and off for months. I have taken him into the Dr.several times,they first gave me Allerga liquid form it seemed to help but not always.Then when they got real bad I would give him Benedrayl. We finally did a blood test for food and enviromental with all negative results. He is covered head to toe but has never impaired his breathing.I can't imagine keeping him on Benedrayl being good but the Dr. doesn't tell me anything else what should I do?

Rashes also come along with Juvenille Arthritis. My grandaughter has it & the rashes came all the time before they got it under control. There is also a type of childrens arthritis that comes only as a rash. If you get no solutions, look into that. It can be very hard to detect unless she sees a rheumatologist. Very frustrating when you dont have answers!!! Hope you find one soon, C.

i would recommend you use NAET (www.naet.com). i used for my son who had allergies/hives.
NAET is non-invasive -- i would have never done the scratch test.
NAET detects the allergies or cause of hives/skin issues and removes the allergy. his skin is clear of all issues now.
i went to a practitioner who is also an MD -- she is in Pacific Palisades and is amazing.
Dr. Van Nguyen (www.doctorvan.org)

Forget the pediatrician, go to an allergist. Just because he has never had a problem with breathing during an allergic episode doesn't mean he never will. Hives are certainly an allergic response to something. You need to find out what it is and eliminate it. Allergic responses can accelerate. He could suffer hives today and go into anaphylactic shock tomorrow. Don't mess around with allergies.

Keep a food journal and write down EVERYTHING, including anything that gets put on his skin (soap, lotion, sunscreen, etc..). Also if you suspect any particular food item, remove it and see if he doesn't break out in hives.

Best wishes,

One thing I would recommend is keep a journal. Write down each day what foods he ate, what products you cleaned with, what you put on his skin, etc. Write down what time his rashes started and when. The body always tells us in some form or another what went on during the day. When my daughter was a little girl she suffered horrible cancer sores. I started keeping a journal. Within 2 weeks i had figured out what was causing her problems. It was not just 1 thing BUT many things. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Hi A.:

I would love to see you take your son to an NAET doctor. I have had many many allergies cured in this way. Testing is painless, treatment is non invasive, and no drugs are involved. I use Dr. David Karaba at East West Medical Center in Fullerton ###-###-####. I love him dearly and he has treated me, and two of my grandchildren. You can also find a certified practioner at naet.com.

Best wishes,

have u tried changing detergent? or dryer sheets? maybe don't use dryer sheets..i would also recommend taking him to a skin doc..are u in the Pasadena area? i would take him to Dr. Seltzer ###-###-#### your son is allergic to something to be having hives..could he secretly be getting into something? i would get a 2nd opinion ..when i had hives Dr. Seltzer said if i had gone on one more day w/ them he would have sent me to ER ..i was taking meds that i was allergic to. maybe its some material your son is wearing..check w/ a skin doc..good luck sorry your little guy is going thru this.

go to homeopath! if you are in LA are look up Mary Grace. she turned the life of my child around in just several visits. if you decide she is too far away from you - find homeopath who is CCH and not MD, ND, OD and chiro - they usually don't have time to properly use homeopathic remedies.
V.

Dr. Van Nguyen (www.doctorvan.org)

you sould go to a food allergist, my son has allergies and i was told that blood test are not as accurate as a skin test

1 / 3